Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Tend to get Attached with a Sense of Detachment

…quoted a wise man. Did he suggest that I do the same? I don’t quite remember, but that is beside the point.

There is this boy I know. He is young, very young. Every time he looks at me, he quirks an eyebrow and gives me a lazy half-grin. And my heart skips a beat. If I wasn’t governed by the child protection policies then I would have just grabbed him and kept him with me till eternity. And he speaks to me about his experiences at school and about the fact that he finds math a little tough…and all this in that laidback lazy manner which is so signature him. At times I feel that if everything was fine I might have had a son like him. Sigh!! Of course I will have a child someday…but you know…so I listen to him and I gaze into his face and capture all the expressions that flit across and animate his oh so incredible features…and then he abruptly ends the conversation and says bye and goes away. And I smile for the rest of the day. J

The context here is the fact that in the work I do, we tend to see a lot of things that are not normal. Our children are survivors. And at times it gets difficult to resist the emotions that tend to overflow inside the heart towards a particular child. But you are then forced to hold back and be strong. Not just for the child, but for yourself and for the cause too. The trick then is to strike the correct balance between attachment and detachment. Hmmnn…

10 comments:

Sparkling said...

Me too :)

And hey, you're gonna make a wonderful Mamma some day!
Keep the faith! :)

jhayu said...

= ) Sounds somewhat familiar.

Nandini said...

Nice, I'm glad I stumbled here. Your post made me think that you're writing about me. :) Attached with a sense of detachment!

MOHAMMED FARHAN KHAN said...

hmmm....gr8 dear ...written nicely,
indeed it is very necessary to hav a sense of detachment while attaching ...
by the way ...R u teacher ?
if u r ....oh my God ...thse days, I m surrounding around teachers ...its gr88 ...at least i will be able to grasp something ...

nice blog ...

Preeti said...

SPARKLE...

i know...sexy mamma!!!!

hahahaha!!!

Preeti said...

The Knight

it does, no...

:-)

Preeti said...

Thank you Nandini,...


:-)

Preeti said...

Thanks Mohammed...

Thousif Raza said...

i loved this post, i mean every word of it awesome, loved it


take care and keep writing.....

workhard said...

Attatched with a sense of detachment.. thats something i have never heard of before.. i like ur writing...


Web hosting india